Re: GSWEB

From: Reuss András
Subject: Re: GSWEB
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:31:35 +0200

Thanks, DAvid, that was the problem.
Cheers
andrás
David Ayers wrote:
Hello András,

Am Montag, den 13.04.2009, 00:33 +0200 schrieb Reuss András:
I have a problem with GSWeb:
on compile, I get the following message:
[snip]
make[1]: *** [GSWeb.all.framework.variables] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/dev-libs/gsweb/GSWeb.framework'

I checked the file, but I could not find any bug in it.
I am using debian lenny with the vanilla gnustep installation.
Any help is welcome.

My first guess is that you do not have GDL2 installed.  You need to
install dev-libs/gdl2 before gsweb.

Originally the plan was to have gsweb configure fail if GDL2 wasn't
available.  Yet Dave Wetzel is still using a GDL2 fork named TCSimpleDB
that uses a different memory model than GDL2 for Enterprise Objects.  We
agreed that we'll try to get GDL2 to work for him before we drop
TCSimpleDB support.

As a interim solution, I guess ./configure should emit a warning if GDL2
cannot be detected... I'll try to do that soon.

Cheers,
David