Re: GNUStep and Cocoa Distributed Objects compatibility

From: Piotr Isajew
Subject: Re: GNUStep and Cocoa Distributed Objects compatibility
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:27:44 +0100

Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2009-03-22, o godz. 20:03, przez hns:

From my experiments done so far (which are difficult as long as Level
2 is not working) it does not look like NSPortCoder uses keyed coding.
But it needs much more analysis.

Ok, I've checked that it doesn't. I wrote a custom class with something like:

- (void)encodeWithCoder: (NSCoder *)encoder {
        NSLog(@"allows keyed coding = %d", [encoder allowsKeyedCoding]);
        if([encoder allowsKeyedCoding]) {
                [encoder encodeObject: firstName forKey: @"first"];
                [encoder encodeObject: lastName forKey: @"last"];
        } else {
                [encoder encodeObject: firstName];
                [encoder encodeObject: lastName];
        }
}

This is passed bycopy to the distant object. Once run, that code outputs 0 to the console.