Re: Some bugs on windows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Some bugs on windows
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:42:37 +0100

It would be great, if you could add bugs for these in our bug tracker
(https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnustep/).

Germán Arias wrote:
> Hello, after try FísicaLab on windows I notice some bugs:
>
> 1) If I launch the application with a double click above the executable,
> this is in English, even if the language is set in Spanish.

How do you select the language? Do you rely on your system settings or
use an environment variable only set in your mingw shell?
Perhaps we need an additional way to get this setting directly from Windows.

> 2) If I launch the app from the shell, this is in Spanish. but with the
> standard GNUstep theme (without the blue title bar).

In this case you must have set the variable
GSBackHandlesWindowDecorations in your GNUstep defaults to YES.

> 3) The tooltips don't work, see the attached image fisicalab1.

Looks like a bug.

> 4) NSCursor don't change the cursor, the cursor is always the same. But
> in GNU/Linux when you add an element from the palette, the cursor change
> in an open hand.

This is strange, image cursors don't work in Windows, but normal ones
should. I need to check your code here.

> 5) On the help panel, if I select others files and move the scrollbar.
> Suddenly the images disappears, and a square appears at the lower left
> corner. See the attached file fisicalab2.

Probably another bug. I need to check.

Fred