Re: GNUstepAutoInstall.sh

From: hns
Subject: Re: GNUstepAutoInstall.sh
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:08:08 -0800 (PST)

On 28 Feb., 19:56, "gero...@bluewin.ch" <gero...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> I got inspired by your email, and thought it might be easily reworked into a
> nice bash script...
>
> Can you give it a try?
>
> I put you in as the author...
>
> Adapt the $DEV_HOME to suit your needs.
>
> The sed stream editor can add the two lines and create the new file, so I
> comment out the cp and vi lines.
>
> Would be nice to put up for all those that want the latest SVN version.
>
> I hope this saves many some time and effort to keep up with the latest trunk
> version.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gerold
>
> P.S. remember to run:
>  chmod +x GNUstepAutoInstall.sh
> to make it executable.
>
>  GNUstepAutoInstall.sh
> 1KAnzeigenHerunterladen

Great idea!

What you could also try to add is something like

if [ -x $(which apt-get) ]
  then
  apt-get install -y libjpeg ...
  add more dependencies here
fi

so that it checks and/or installs missing dependencies first.

A list what is needed can be found at

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Dependencies

And, there could be other checks (the one above is for Debian based
package managers).

Nikolaus