Re: FOSDEM Aftermath - the Hotel / Notes from preparing and giving my ta

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Aftermath - the Hotel / Notes from preparing and giving my talk
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:59:03 +0100

Am 21.02.2009 um 03:06 schrieb Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf:

- Sadly, the GNUstep packages in Debian/Ubunbtu are somewhat out of date (this alone wouldn't have troubled me) and buggy: A simple drag and drop action from DBModeler to Gorm wasn't possible with the available packages - that tells me we need more testing when doing a release.

I tried to improve on this one by getting weekly updated gnustep packages into life - Ubuntu even offers the build environment needed - but gave up after several evenings as crafting Debian packages and getting them into Ubuntu's PPA (Personal Package Archive) is really a science on it's own. I hope I can pick this up again soon.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/