Re: an error from the expression: CLS_ISCLASS((Class)receiver) File: sen

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: an error from the expression: CLS_ISCLASS((Class)receiver) File: sendmsg.c Line 321
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:26:50 +0000

On 13 Feb 2009, at 07:19, Fred Kiefer wrote:

I don't understand this error message either.

It comes from the Objective-C runtime library ... where it's checking that the receiver is a valid class and not just some random bit of memory. To make any real sense of it we need a stacktrace to see how the runtime is being called ... most likely with an uninitialised variable.

But you already should get
some warnings during compilation. sharedApplicatiion is clearly
misspelled and you should get this told by the compiler. Best you fix
you compiler warnings and then report back with a bit more information.

Yes ... always best to fix compile/link errors before looking at runtime errors.