GNUstep from SVN & permissions

From: address@hidden
Subject: GNUstep from SVN & permissions
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 07:42:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
before I waste a lot of time finding the missing link on this page:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstep_SVN_installation_guide.

let me ask.

I try to install on Debian from SVN. Sources are unpacked and I follow
the instructions but get permission problems. Because /usr/GNUstep and
below is owned by root (I had to do sudo make install for make) and as
a normal user I don't have write permissions.

So, do I have to be root to install? Or is make setting wrong
permissions?

-- hns