Re: Thematic don't work

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Thematic don't work
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:20:30 +0000

On 24 Jan 2009, at 06:14, Germán Arias wrote:

Hi, after update Thematic.app, this don't work. I run Thematic, then
select Theme-> New and get the error

GSTheme(instance) does not recognize setName:

I'm not sure what update you are talking about, but you need to keep thematic and the gui library both up to dat as thematic always depends on the latest changes in gui.

Current svn works fine for me, so I suggest you make sure you are using current code from svn throughout.

Other question, why there isn't a page about Thematic.app on the wiki,
and Software Index?

Dunno

Or its status is beta?

Certainly ... we don't have theming methods in the gui for a lot of controls yet, so there's no way the theming API can be regarded as stable. Mostly there are going to have to be additional methods rather than changes to existing methods, but until we can get enough people contributing code the progress will be quite slow and the api will therefore have to remain unstable for quite some time.