Re: Question about NSMenuView

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Question about NSMenuView
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:02:41 +0100

Matt Rice wrote:
> I would probably have tried subclassing GSWindowDecorationView (like
> in the NiftyTitleBar bundle) and added a
> NSTableView without the scroll bars/headers containing strangely
> configured NSPopUpButtonCell's e.g
> pullsDown/usesItemFromMenu/preferredEdge, though I don't recall the
> specifics of if its easy to change a GSWindowDecorationView's size and
> whatnot
>
> there is an attachment here which has a bunch of weirdly configured
> NSPopUpButtons,
> http://www.nabble.com/NSPopUpButton-icon-buttons-patch...-td477205.html
>
> Pretty sure that NSMenuView would still require some patching to get
> what you want though from NSPopUpButtonCell
> not the whole patch was integrated portions were rejected

Hi Matt,

I clearly see this as a trick to get the last outstanding changes to
popup buttons in. For some reasons I cannot remember we refrained from
including all the changes you proposed at that time and now you try to
sneak them in under the cover of enabling in-window menus. Nice try, but
I noticed :-)

If you really want to get the remaining stuff in, I would propose you
write a new patch (or better one for each feature) that could then be
discussed on this list. I really don't remember what was the problem at
that time.

Fred

PS: As for the in-window menu, does anybody still have Michael's code?
It really would be nice to have a solution here and I am going to work
on the window decoration anyway, to get this better integrated with themes.