Re: Windows-/KDE-/Gnome-style menus (was: Question about NSMenuView)

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Windows-/KDE-/Gnome-style menus (was: Question about NSMenuView)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 00:28:58 -0600

El jue, 15-01-2009 a las 04:24 +0100, Markus Hitter escribió:

> To chime in here: I'd love to see Windows-/KDE-/Gnome-style menus as
> a third option along NeXT- and Mac-style menus. While menus at the
> top border of each window probably don't match the latest findings of
> ergonomics, really a lot of people are simply used to it.
> Additionally, such a feature is essential if one wants to integrate
> GNUstep applications using menus into one of these desktop environments.
>
> So please, Germán André Arias Santiago, consider implementing window-
> hosted menus right into GNUstep's frameworks.
>

> MarKus
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
> http://www.jump-ing.de/

Well, my interest about this topic, is because I am writing the
GNUstep's article in Spanish on Wikipedia. Then, I want offers all
possible information about GNUstep. In the official page you assume that
the people know about MacOs or NexT. But here, in Latin America, almost
all the people don't know MacOS (or NeXT). Of course one question about
apps's look is: Is posible make an horizontal menu inside the window?.
Well, I am trying do that to answer the question.

Of course I can try implement this. But, I don't know if I have the
enough knowledge to do that (I'm not a profesional programmer, I am a
self-taught in this).