Re: Can't mix native exceptions and ObjC++

From: Larry Campbell
Subject: Re: Can't mix native exceptions and ObjC++
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:38:07 -0500

On Jan 12, 2009, at 7:26 AM, David Chisnall wrote:

On 11 Jan 2009, at 22:06, Larry Campbell wrote:

On Jan 10, 2009, at 3:38 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

I use native objc exceptions with gcc-4.4.0. However, if you want the uncaught exception handler to work, you need to have patched the runtime.

Do you also use Obj-C++? That seems to be my problem. If it's all Obj-C, it seems OK, but if I have so much as one Obj-C++ module in my link, I get the "undefined reference to typeinfo for NSException *" link error.

Are you trying to throw an exception in Objective-C and catch it in C ++? This error message is saying that a C++ catch block is unable to find the type info needed for the C++ exception handling personality function to pick the correct landing pad.

David

No. Remember, this is code that compiles & links & runs just fine when gnustep is built without native exception support. But as soon as I turn on --enable-native-objc-exceptions, my code no longer links.

- lc