GNUMail broken (mailboxes problem)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: GNUMail broken (mailboxes problem)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:03:17 +0100

Hello,

somebody uses GNUMail daily? The GNUstep version of it is suffering more and
more of bitrot. The latest problem is so severe that it impedes the use.
Does anybody share the problem I describe below? Is it a GNUmail (Ludo!)
problem or a GNUstep problem?

At a certainupdate (before release, a couple of weeks ago) GNUMail inbox
inspector doesn't show up any of my Inboxes! Not even "inbox" or "trash" and
none of the custom mailboxes. I tried removing the mailboxes cache or
removign the mailboxes and touching them again, no help.
This happened on two different machines, so I would exclude a build fault.

Anybody else?

Before that I had the problem that selecting a Mailbox often showed it
contents empty, even if the box was not. Selecting many many times could
help or just closing and restarting GNUmail. That happened since about 2
years, before it worked.

Riccardo