Re: How work NSHelpPanel?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: How work NSHelpPanel?
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 06:56:01 +0000

On 29 Dec 2008, at 06:12, German Arias wrote:

Hi, after install Thematic.app

Info --> Help...

Then, Ink.app run and load the help file. There isn't any Help Panel.

That's normal behavior ... the application should launch the 'best' application to display the help page, and fall back to displaying within a panel only of no application exists to display it. The MacOS- X documentation actually says that it launches the HelpViewer application to display the help, but we have no such application in GNUstep, so we used the normal display mechanism. Maybe we should allow a user default to customise this behavior.