Re: New Slackware + GNUstep

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: New Slackware + GNUstep
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:58:58 +0100

Stefan Bidigaray wrote:
> Since Slackware 12.2 was just released yesterday, I thought I'd start
> generating packages.  But before I do, I'd like to know if I should wait
> for a new release of -base and -gui?  There was some talk on the list
> last week about doing a new release but I haven't heard anything since.
> Is a new -base + -gui stable release still scheduled?  If so, when
> should I expect it to be coming out?
>
> I just don't want to create some packages and then generate them again a
> few days later.

Good question, I think gui and back are ready for a new release. For the
last few weeks I have restricted myself to minor changes that wont
destabilize these components. Greg is currently working on a big change
of NIB/Gorm decoding, I think we should do the release as soon as he
thinks he has finished that job.

And we really should add that "make sysinstall" hack to GNUstep make
before the next release to make live easier for the people out that that
want to stick with the old structure.

Fred