Re: SIGSEGV with 2 apps with latest SVN

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: SIGSEGV with 2 apps with latest SVN
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:12:19 +0100

Charles philip Chan wrote:
> Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> writes:
>> Fine, but could you please provide the new back traces? I am not using
>> GWorkspace and MplayerGS myself and it could well be that there is a
>> problem in the way these application are using frame transformation or
>> in the way we implement them in gui.
>
> Here you go:

So these are almost the same back traces you got before. What is still
strange about them is that they don't match our source code.
Have a look at the first one. There a call to [TShelfIcon mouseExited:]
goes on to [TShelfIcon setFrame:]. Now in the GWorkspace code I see the
method looks like this:

- (void)mouseExited:(NSEvent *)theEvent
{
  [tview setFocusedIcon: nil];
}

So I would expect the stack to be corrupted. Also the setting of an ivar
should only result in a segmentation fault when the instance itself is
no longer valid. This looks like the code is either totally different
from what the stack trace suggests or we are dealing with a memory
corruption here. Could you try to run your application with valgrind
and/or GNUstep memory debugging enabled? I know that you are familiar
with that, as you already had to use it for the last problem I caused :-(

Hope we make some progress on this, as it is now the main thing stopping
a gui release.

Fred