Re: GNUstep on 64 bit Windows - Patch for gnustep base submitted

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep on 64 bit Windows - Patch for gnustep base submitted
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:33:09 +0000

On 17 Nov 2008, at 14:23, Roland Schwingel wrote:

Apple has defined NSInteger/NSUInteger with Mac OS 10.5 and also has
changed the method signatures for ALL classes showing these limitations.
I have seen you have already started to also define these datatypes
and to slowly use it.

Yes.

IMHO the whole gnustep should also be adapted to
use NSInteger/NSUInteger to on one side be method compatible with
Mac OS X and on the other side to fully use the potential of
64bit cpus/operating systems.

I agree.

Are there any plans/schedules to also do the NSInteger/NSUInteger transistion?

No specific plan/schedule ... I've just done (and will continue to do) little bits myself when I've happened to be looking at the code concerned.

I would be very happy to apply any patches you (or anyone else) produce to implement these changes, as such patches should be trivial (mostly just changing a few type declarations) and require minimal reviewing.