Re: Cocotron used for a real-world app

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Cocotron used for a real-world app
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:45:37 -0700 (PDT)

I would very much like to see us concentrate our efforts on both of these things: Theming and cross compilation.   GNUstep, as I pointed out in my email, has a much wider set of goals than Cocotron does and is much more complete in all of them.

There's no reason any company porting to Windows should ever choose Cocotron over us.   We're more complete.  If we had the ability to integrate with Xcode, as Cocotron does, as well as theming I don't think we would have this problem.

Fred, Riccardo, Adam and I have been working on Windows lately and it's now more stable than ever.   A good windows theme might help, but actually some of the color schemes we already have work very well indeed.

The biggest thing which is missing right now is the menus attached to the main window.

GC
Gregory Casamento -- Principal Consultant - OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer