Re: Please do not hardcode GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN in GNUmakefiles!

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Please do not hardcode GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN in GNUmakefiles!
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:04:52 +0000

> and installing into /usr/GNUstep.  We could, I suppose, change that
> default location to be /usr/local/GNUstep - is that what you were
> suggesting ? That does feel a bit shocking at first, but maybe it is
> the right thing to do! Comments welcome. :-)

That would be brilliant! I am not a Linux person, so I don't know what
the standrads are there, but here in BSDland all non-system stuff should
go into /usr/local if possible. I always thought that GNUstep should
default to doing this on BSD systems, and I used to hand make it do this
until I eventually gave up and let it install itself where it wants to.
I run with /usr being pretty small, as it rarely has extra stuff installed
onto it, and I am not the only one.

-pete.