Re: application not quitting

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: application not quitting
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:24:09 +0200

Fred Kiefer wrote:

All of this is true, but this method
(replyToApplicationShouldTerminate:) gets also called internally from
terminate:. What I was interesting in would be to find out how far this
methods gets progressed. This could be checked by adding a few NSLog()
statements and recompiling gui. I know this is asking much, but I am not
able to reproduce this behaviour here and so I need to get more
information from a machine where it actually fails.

Adding something like
NSLog(@"replyToApplicationShouldTerminate: called with %d isrunning %d",
shouldTerminate, _app_is_running);

as the first line and then ever other line something like
NSLog(@"replyToApplicationShouldTerminate: now at line %d", __LINE__);

This could provide the needed information and help solve the mysterious
issue.

If the process really hangs somewhere down in replyToApplicationShouldTerminate: it might be sufficient to attach gdb to it and then use the where command
to get a backtrace.

Wolfgang