Re: Some questions about NSText

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Some questions about NSText
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 02:05:12 -0700 (PDT)

On 17 Aug., 07:57, Germán André Arias Santiago
<germanandre...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> For example, in GORM when you add a new component in your app's window and
> you select this, the component show a border with a small square in each
> corner and in the middle of each side. These let you resize the component.
> Now, in my app I can resize the NSText, but this don't have any kid of
> border.. My question is, is there a method or class to set this kind of
> border? or I need make this? Regards and thanks for help.

If I understand you correctly, you want to have a large window in
which there is a text field that the user can resize by dragging
corners of the text field? Like in GORM?

This is border with small squares is a special feature of GORM since
it is a UI design editor. But it is *not* available in the standard
toolkit for applications.

The usual method is that the user resizes the window and the text
fields have the appropriate autoresize flags set so that they resize
themselves if you enlarge/reduce the window (not the individual view).
You should also consider to use NSSplitView which allows to resize
parts of the window contents.

-- hns