Re: NSTableView, rows in reverse order

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSTableView, rows in reverse order
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:41:51 +0200

Marko Riedel wrote:
thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion and ran into a
problem: the table does not include the table header in the data for
dataWithEPSInsideRect: So I had to get those data separately, but I
don't know how to merge them properly. If I just concatenate them,
then the bounding box for the whole is wrong and the header obscures
part of the first row.

Not sure why this should happen, are you certain to pass in the correct rectangle? As far as I remember there is no special handling for printing in NSTableView that would switch off the header. What you could always try is to print a super view of the table, that definitly should include everything.

The previous version (the one you commented on) uses ImageMagick to
create a PS file for printing. It looks like I won't be able to avoid
using it after all. I could assemble the two EPS files (header +
table) using Magick, but then I may as well stay with the old
approach.

So I guess I will try to find out how to flip views properly so that
the rows do not show up in reverse when I draw into a bitmap.

That is easy, just create a subclass of NSView and let the isFlipped method return true.

What's your take on this? Of course if I could get header + table in
one EPS file, that would be very nice.

I would prefer this solution, as it helps to improve GNUstep printing.

Fred