Gorm and NSPopupButton defaults.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Gorm and NSPopupButton defaults.
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 22:20:56 +0000 (GMT)

Hi folks,

I absolutely love Gorm although it has some quirks when run under KDE in a VNC
session (e.g. the basic UI element palette does not display properly). I still
remember Interface Builder from NeXTStep and Gorm is a worthy successor!

I have noticed that the current version produces NSPopupButtons that display in
an odd way, the menu appears to the left or to the right of the button, when
instead the selected item should cover the frame of the popup button. That's
what one would expect I think. I fixed this by voodoo coding (doing a [popup
setPreferredEdge:NSMaxYEdge]), but I suspect Gorm simply does not set this
value (the preferred edge), as it is also absent from the inspector.

I sure hope fixing this does not involve changing the Gorm file format.

Best regards,

Marko Riedel

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html           |