GNUstep make with differently-named makefiles

From: Michael Hopkins
Subject: GNUstep make with differently-named makefiles
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:38:05 +0100

Hi all

Feel a bit silly asking such a simple question here but reading docs/usenet, experimenting and googling has not helped so here goes...

Can GNUstep make use a file other than the default 'GNUmakefile'? In (p)make you just use '-f othermakefile.. '.

Want to build the same code linking to different libraries, including different headers etc and would like to keep the settings in different make files as I do for plain C builds.

Whilst I am at it, a Q that will be coming up in the next few days is 'how do I call a different compiler than the system default?'. Haven't looked into this one yet so maybe the answer is written somewhere, before someone shouts RTFM...

TIA

Michael

   Hopkins Research      Touch the Future