ANN: fexclient app

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: ANN: fexclient app
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:30:30 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings.

fexclient.app is now available:

    http://gnustep.it/marko/fexclient/index.html

fexclient is a GNUstep client to the F*EX large file spooling system:

    http://fex.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/

F*EX (Frams' Fast File EXchange) is a service to send big (large, huge, giant,
...) files from a user A to a user B.

The sender uploads the file to the F*EX server using a WWW upload form and the
recipient automatically gets a notification e-mail with a download-URL.

fexclient was written as a companion tool to the WWW upload form and lets the
user bypass the limits on uploads imposed by the browser (usually four gig).
fexclient uses 64bit data structures.

Contact me if you are interested in setting up a F*EX server.

I also have an asyncronous version for Windows which I'm looking to test (I
don't have access to a Windows machine at this time).

Best regards,

Marko Riedel

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html           |