Re: GNUstep on Hardy heron

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Hardy heron
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 10:25:37 +0200

Germán Arias wrote:
(excuse my english) I intall GNUstep from source without problem. But, when I
run any app the menus and windows are seen like white rectangles. I think that I
need some packages.

Most likely you are not missing any packages, but the X windows settings you are using aren't supported by the art backend. Could you please mail any output you get on the terminal? And just to make sure, could you please reconfigure and recompile back and report any warnings you get there?

You should also run an application with --GNU-Debug=back-art and report back the output. Perhaps this will give a hint, which X setting isn't supported.