Re: Central GNUstep software index?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Central GNUstep software index?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:34:40 +0100 (BST)

hns@computer.org <hns@computer.org> wrote:
> > To do so, I think we should move the source code to the SVN repository
> > of the GNUstep pages - and somehow make it useable on the gnustep.org
> > web page. Then, we can use GNUstep bugtracker to handle improvement
> > reqests as well. And all developers with SVN access to the
> > repositories can work e.g. on the CSS styles.
> >
> > What we also need is a MySQL database. Well, this raises one issue -
> > the config file contains the host name, the user id and the password
> > of the MySQL database in clear text. So we should better NOT publish
> > it - unless it is a localhost where a firewall protects against
> > external MySQL connections.
> >
> > Who could help with that technical setup?
>
> No ideas?

Sorry - I'm mostly offline at the moment and check discuss less than
webmasters.  Ask support at oxymium.net (www.gnustep.org's host) whether
they can set up a MySQL database for it and ask on the webmaster list
for CVS access to the GNUstep pages repo (I hope we're still using CVS,
at least... it's nowhere near as complex as the main sources, file
moves need special handling anyway and my tools aren't set for svn).
If you need more help, I should be available again 13 May and would be
interested in working on this.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)