Re: Mouse pointer image

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Mouse pointer image
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:01:26 +0200

Andreas Höschler wrote:
Hello all,

when performing drag operations between apps (move, copy,...) the image of the mouse pointer is changed from an arrow to the link sign or the copy sign known from OPENSTEP. This works great. However, sometimes the image is not switched back to the normal arrow but keeps being the copy or link sign (only in the application that triggered the drag operation). Since this does not happen under MacOSX I suspect an minor error in GNustep but have no idea where to start looking. A pointer to the responsible class/method would greatly be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

The reset of the cursor happens in [GDDragView _handleDrag:slidePoint:] and the code there looks correct to me. But then there seems to be a more general problem in GNUstep that sometimes the cursor is not correctly switched. I see this every now and then, but never had the time to track it down.

Fred