Re: GNUstep Google Summer of Code 2008

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: GNUstep Google Summer of Code 2008
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:18:23 +0100

Am 19.03.2008 10:19 +0100 schrieb Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de>:

> Not to lower GDL2's value, but for some reason Apple has replaced EOF
> with CoreData. My impression is, they drastically reduced the
> (exposed) API while retaining everything most programmers need.

If you want to create a Database driven application, you need a Database, Core
Data is for flat files.
That is possibly nice for local data like spotlight or mail indexes, but not if
you are talking about multiple
users working with the same data.

There is some room to create a lighter EOF, but leaving out the database is
pointless for a database app.

Anyway this would be a huge project.

David