RE: Things I'd like to hear more about (from FOSDEM notes)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: Things I'd like to hear more about (from FOSDEM notes)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:02:43 +0100 (CET)

> 1. I definitely want to hear more about OOo's possible involvement with
> Renaissance.

They were interested in using Renaissance to do a proper Apple Cocoa port
of OpenOffice.  It seemed like an excellent idea for various reasons,
but whether it will actually happen is unclear. ;-)

Anyway, I'd like to get Renaissance to a polished 1.0 release, where (almost)
everything is complete/finished except for the GUI builder (which won't be
there in time (/at all) for 1.0).  It seems that a number of people (including
OpenOffice) are interested in GUIs that are generated directly from software
and so don't want a GUI builder at all - so paradoxically they are interested
in Renaissance because it does *not* have/require a GUI builder :-)

Thanks