Re: Writing Makefiles mini tutorial updated for gnustep-make v2

From: Aria Stewart
Subject: Re: Writing Makefiles mini tutorial updated for gnustep-make v2
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:34:03 -0700

On Jan 16, 2008, at 11:15 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

I revamped/rewrote the 'Writing Makefiles' and 'More On Makefiles' GNUstep Mini
Tutorials to be up-to-date with gnustep-make v2. :-)

The new versions are here, as usual --

http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/index.html

http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/MoreOnMakefiles/index.html

You might mention that two separate things can be built in the same directory, just using the lines for both in the Makefile. That caught me off guard with a lot of time spent looking at aggregate.make before I realized I could build a tool, a library and a test tool in the same directory with a single makefile.

I'd love to see mention of how to link a tool against a library built as a sub-project or in the same folder, too. I figured it out myself, but it was non trivial.

Aria