Re: cairo backend on Solaris

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: cairo backend on Solaris
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:34:10 +0100

As far as I know, you don't need glitz to run the cairo backend. For me
cairo with glitz didn't work for a long time and I haven't tested this
combination since then.
When compiling the GNUstep backend you need to tell it to use cairo.
What I do is

make distclean; ./configure --with-name=cairo --enable-graphics=cairo;
make; make install

which allows me to have all the three backends for X11 on the same
machine and switch between them easily. If you don't need that feature
using just --enable-graphics=cairo should do.

Fred