Re: gnustep-base: cross compiler help

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: gnustep-base: cross compiler help
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:24:19 -0700

On Jan 10, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Nicola Pero wrote:

Btw, you're configuring gnustep-make with --host=i386-mingw32, so you're "cross-compiling" it to run on MinGW, but then you're using it locally on your (linux?) box. That works because there is nothing to "compile" any more :-) ... so "cross-compilation" on gnustep-make itself doesn't really do anything at the moment, but probably your script should be changed to -- target=i386-mingw32 ?

Yes, probably. Actually I'm doing both. I'm using gnustep-make to cross-compile (compiling GNUstep locally on a unix box). But then installing it all on a Windows machine, so it will compile GNUstep apps there as well. The only thing I really have to change when installing on Windows is the compiler definition (config.make:CC and CPP)