Re: Question on mini windows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Question on mini windows
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:52:49 +0100

Sas wrote:
> I've observed the same behavior, art backend. It seems the backend
> doesn't inform the WM about the window being iconified, so it doesn't
> appear as a miniwindow in WindowMaker, or as a window-icon in any other
> WM (tested on Gnome and KDE).

Yes, this is what is happening. When the window decoration comes from
the window manager, then minimizing a window via the icon does not call
any GNUstep code. If on the other hand you minimize via the menu, the
GNustep code gets activate (You may set the environment option
GSAppOwnsMiniwindow to prevent this).

Cheers,
Fred