Re: GWorkspace in unknown state: bug?

From: Charles philip Chan
Subject: Re: GWorkspace in unknown state: bug?
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:38:18 -0500

Dennis Leeuw <dleeuw@made-it.com> writes:

> Okay it happened again, command-h doesn't seem to bring back the
> icon.

This will not unhide the app because it is no longer the active
window. You will need to click on the appicon to bring it back.

> Clicking the left over icon (the windowmaker icon) brings up the
> window maker menu....
>
> But I noticed something very weird they icon of GWorkspace seems to be
> tied to my mouse pointer. If I have my mouse in the left top of the
> screen the GWorkspace icon is over the window maker icon (see
> screenshot). If I move my mouse down the GWorkspace icon moves down
> also. It is only visible over the window maker icon, it does not move
> over other icons or the desktop.

I do not understand what you are trying to say. Either explain it more
clearly or send me a screenshot privately.

I have no problems using GWorkspace under Window Maker. You will need to
remap the hide key in Window Maker or the modifier for the command key
in GNUstep. I personal use "ctrl-mod1" as the modifier for all my Window
Maker window manipulation keys and my command key for GNUstep is mapped
to the "win" key on my keyboard.

Also, which version of Window Maker are you using?

Charles