Re: ANN: Build Guide version 2.0.0

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: ANN: Build Guide version 2.0.0
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 17:48:37 +0100

Nicola Pero wrote:
Anyhow, I'm including here the entire 'RELEASENOTES' file from gnustep-make
v2.0.
Have a look and see if it helps you.  Remember that even if you are using and
recommending the gnustep-layout (which is a very nice layout!) we're trying to
move everyone to the situation where the same software/scripts/etc. will work
on all types of layout that GNUstep supports.  So it's important to update to
use the new variables ;-)

Ideally, your unix build guide might even give people the option of using
the gnustep layout or the FHS layout ? :-)

Yep, that's step two. Still not sure how to do that without creating too much confusion... it I will add something about that, maybe I put it in an Appendix...

Not sure if it would become too confusing for new users - but if you manage to explain the options easily, might help the users who would like to use an FHS layout ?

Thanks