Re: SVN source code repository of GNUstep CoreData?

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: SVN source code repository of GNUstep CoreData?
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 08:56:18 +0100

Hi Nikolaus

The CVS version is the latest one.

Ok, great. So it is useful to start patches against that version.

The problems you've been having are because GSCoreData was never meant
to be used on OSX (by that I mean on top of Apple's Foundation/AppKit
libraries). OSX already has its native Core Data implementation.
GSCoreData was purely meant for GNUstep. By that I don't mean, however,

I have assumed that. But MacOS is great for development and debugging of GNUstep frameworks and applications, i.e. if it compiles and runs on MacOS it should also work on GNUstep. This development method is already very helpful for working on Simple WebKit - especially for debugging.

that I'm against porting it - you're welcome to do so.

Well, it is less porting it is more "adapting"/"harmonizing".

I will take a look into it soon since it is reasonable to have a CD- API compatible framework in mySTEP/QuantumSTEP.

Nikolaus