Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?

From: Truls Becken
Subject: Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:11:32 +0100

On Nov 29, 2007 2:47 AM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

> It turned out that my code there was wrong, _NET_WM_STATE_REMOVE and
> _NET_WM_STATE_ADD aren't X atoms, but simple constants. After changing
> that and adding the same setting in orderWindow::: it seems to work for
> me. Please give the latest SVN a try.

Thanks alot Fred, this works great now. The only remaining problem is
that OpenBox includes menu windows when alt-tabbing, but I believe
that's a bug in the window manager.

I do see another issue, though. When right-clicking an app-icon, the
menu springs up temporarily under the mouse, but since the app-icon is
net_wm_window_type_dock, the menu always appears *below* it. I think
the window type of at least one of them should be changed. Since the
menu is only visible while the mouse button is held down, it can't be
wrong to give it the highest level possible, i.e. type dock and
possibly net_wm_state_above. The app-icons also always stay on top of
application windows, which may or may not be desirable.

Truls