Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?

From: ZuLuuuuuu
Subject: Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:59:56 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 15, 6:58 pm, Nat! <n...@mulle-kybernetik.com> wrote:
> Am 15.11.2007 um 17:44 schrieb Gregory John Casamento:
>

> > Cool.  I think this is an excellent idea.
>
> > --
> > Gregory Casamento -- OLC, Inc
> > # GNUstep Chief Maintainer

I might suggest to code your own forum if you have coders to do that
and have also plenty time. It is the best option. If you can code your
own forum then you can maybe get together all the necessary features
for mailing list guys and forum guys together, for example. Maybe a
hybrid of mailing list and a forum :) Also if you code it for yourself
then you can adapt it more easily to your web site, both in point of
view of design and substructure.

But usually teams don't have time for that that's why they use pre-
coded forums. If it will be the case then I might suggest using a
different, not well-known but well coded forum script so that the
forum is a little bit different then other forums out there. There are
some forums like that called UseBB or PunBB. Also I suggest not to use
over-featured forums for beginning (for example like vBulletin). A
plain and chick forum would be better for such a system. I would
suggest the forum I coded if it was not coded in ASP language :D