RE: No FOSDEM 2008 stand/devroom this year: new Plans for GNUstep-Dev-Me

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: No FOSDEM 2008 stand/devroom this year: new Plans for GNUstep-Dev-Meeting & How to attract General Public?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:52:27 +0100 (CET)

> we just got the note that they have so many project requests at FOSDEM
> 2008 so that they had to decide between them. And, the decision is
> that we do not get a stand/devroom this time.

That's a real pity ... is FOSDEM growing too big ? :-)

If they only allow space for the current "big" projects (GNOME, KDE, etc) it
will not
be so interesting any more. :-/

Anyway, the past years we got a stand/devroom by asking for a shared one
for GNUstep/OpenGroupware.org.  Did you ask for that ?  If not, it might be
worth going back to them politely and checking again ?  We really want one,
else most of us won't be attending FOSDEM.

What other opportunities do we have to meet in a larger free software
environment ?
It's nice to not just discuss GNUstep but also go around and see what other
people
are doing.

Thanks