Re: No FOSDEM 2008 stand/devroom this year: new Plans for GNUstep-Dev-Me

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: No FOSDEM 2008 stand/devroom this year: new Plans for GNUstep-Dev-Meeting & How to attract General Public?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 06:35:18 -0800 (PST)

All,

I'm extremely disappointed in this news.

While I see it as a setback, I also see it as confirmation of what we discussed
earlier.  We really aren't marketing ourselves well and we desperately need to
change that, as we discussed these past few weeks.    Out of every bad thing
comes something good and the good that may come out of this is that we
shouldn't focus on a show at FOSDEM we should focus on (not in order of
priority):

On the marketing side...
==================
1) Getting the website changed as we discussed.
2) Creating the official forums.
3) Updating documentation and examples so that they are current and correspond
with what GNUstep is today

On the software side...
=================
1) Making GNUstep easier to install  (RPMs, DEBs, etc)
2) Theming
3) Completing existing features.

And all of the other things we've discussed recently.

BTW, the meeting in Frankfurt sounds like a good idea.   I very much want to be
there this year.  I will get back to you on timing.

Later, GJC

--
Gregory Casamento -- OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer