Re: Interface localization ?

From: Vetter Chris
Subject: Re: Interface localization ?
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:12:16 +0100

Am 23.11.2007 um 15:02 schrieb Truls Becken:
I don't have any experience with Gorm, so out of curiosity; does this
mean the layout is still optimized for lengths of the English strings?

Yes. And that's a draw back.

Does it then happen that the translated strings don't fit?

It's truncated. Well, actually, it isn't but that's how it will look like.
You will have to make sure the translation is short enough.
And yes, that sorta sucks (for now).

If I remember correctly, Greg was looking at "merging" Renaissance and Gorm WRT the dynamic layout.

--
Chris