Re: Interface localization ?

From: Truls Becken
Subject: Re: Interface localization ?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:35:36 +0100

On Nov 23, 2007 3:59 PM, David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de> wrote:
> http://www.gnustep.it/Renaissance/
>
> and you will have no layout problems.
> You can have a Dictionary in your App which will contain the string labels
> you want or you just edit the
> XML.

I know, the few GUIs I've done in GNUstep have either been pure code
(to learn about AppKit) or using Renaissance. Moreover, I'm not
particularly interested in translating apps myself. (I absolutely hate
using software in my native language as it confuses the hell out of me
when established computer terms are replaced with whatever words the
translator invented.)

So, I was just asking out of curiosity. Given the suggestion, I assume
the answer would be yes, workarounds for using a single Gorm file make
localized versions look less than perfect.

Truls