Re: GSWeb/GDL2 Status (was: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Le

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: GSWeb/GDL2 Status (was: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:51:47 +0100

Hi,

I am on -discuss but, I do not read all mails there. Obviously some of the
traffic should go to a
-marketing or -religion list sometimes.

I think it is a great time for GDL2 now, since Apple dropped support for Cocoa
EOF in Leopard.
They dropped the EOModeler and WebObjects Builder. You have to use Eclipse for
now.
It would be really boosting if we had a working EOModeler, WOBuilder (WebKit?)
and EOGenerator.
Many people used EOGenerator even for Java. But there will be no new version
because they used the
Cocoa Frameworks. If we would provide binaries of those for the current OS X,
we would be on the radar
of many developers. The Modeler and the Generator should not really a big deal
since we have the
frameworks.

If somebody wants to help with GSWeb, please email me directly.

--
David Wetzel