Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 18:36:05 -0500

On Nov 10, 2007 6:01 PM, Aria Stewart <aredridel@nbtsc.org> wrote:
I honestly can't think of GNOME, KDE, Debian, MacOS's or Microsoft's
slogans.

GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project
K Desktop Environment: Conquer Your Desktop
Windows Vista: Bring Clarity to Your World

I couldn't find one specific to the Mac, but browsing their website you can see a bunch of them, including:
"Add a new Mac to your Mac" (www.apple.com/macosx )

The GNOME and KDE slogans are part of their web site's title, which might be why you never noticed it, but when searching for them in google, those are the first things you see.  They each inspire different type of people: GNOME is geared toward free software advocates, and KDE is for people look to get a more power desktop (this is my opinion of what they mean, each person interprets them differently).

The killer app happened to be developed first, and the toolkit was
separated. That's a unique step. I don't think that can be replicated.

They did work backwards.  In those days there was really nothing competing against GTK.

Stefan