Re: defaults, Improper installation: No language locale found

From: Robert Stanford
Subject: Re: defaults, Improper installation: No language locale found
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:39:52 +1000

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Oct 23, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Robert Stanford wrote:

Whenever I run `defaults` I get:

File NSUserDefaults.m: 615. In [NSUserDefaults +standardUserDefaults] Improper installation: No language locale found

Well GNUstep can keep going without it, but the error means pretty much what it says. It can't find some resource files that it needs - located in some place similar to:

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/gnustep-base/Versions/1.15/Resources

(of course you could be using a different version of base or installed in a different directory). Did you compile GNUstep yourself? It's possible some odd installation directory or other option is confusing GNUstep so that it can't find the correct files.

I compiled myself, I only built make-1.13.0 and base-1.14.0. I used no special build options.

Regards
Robert Stanford