Re: Why dose art not use fontconfig?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Why dose art not use fontconfig?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:26:24 +0200

I don't want to step into this discussion, I see the benefits of both
concepts and in the good old GNustep way I would suggest to have them
both in parallel and let the users choose what they prefer.
Today I extracted the font enumerator out of the art font files. If
anybody wants to replace it, now there is a clean and (more or less)
documented interface to do so. All you have to do is fill up FTFaceInfo
objects. The hard part here would probably be to get the font file paths.
I wont have the time to do this myself and I am quite satisfied with the
nfont concept.

Fred