Scroll/Redraw problems when running in VMware Fusion

From: Katsumi J Saitoh
Subject: Scroll/Redraw problems when running in VMware Fusion
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 14:38:34 +0900

Just recently, I have tried to install the latest svn co (as of yesterday) in a virtualized
Debian Etch install.

Running the GNUstep-gui based applications, I have noticed that the various view objects (which allow scrolling) not updating the entire view contents--causing the views to "smear" text within themselves (e.g. ProjectCenter's scrollview)

I have tried both cairo and art backend to see if it was a libgnustep- cairo issue, but both had the same results. Also wondering if my X configuration was bad, I installed/ran/scrolled the statically compiled Opera 9.21 browser which did
not result in smeared page rendering.

Would this be a configuration error on my part? (vmware drivers were compiled)

Thanks in advance

Katsumi J. Saitoh