Re: Disableing/enableing fonts.

From: Isaiah Beerbower
Subject: Re: Disableing/enableing fonts.
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:26:32 -0400

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Isaiah Beerbower wrote:
I'm making a font manager (Similar to Font Book on OS X) for Étoilé. I
need to know whether there is currently a way to disable/enable fonts
with GNUstep and, if so, what it is.

Having another indirection here would surely be a nice idea, but I am
not sure, how to keep it updated. For the xlib backend we have as a
fallback a cache of all fonts known to the X windows system and it is
hard for me to remember to update this cache, whenever I update my X system.

Would it work to keep a list of disabled fonts in user defaults, and
have GNUstep ignore those fonts?

Thanks,
Isaiah Beerbower