NSBrowser, "allow empty selection", active delegates and wrong columns

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: NSBrowser, "allow empty selection", active delegates and wrong columns
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 18:48:39 +0200

Hello again,
I just stumbled over the following: I have a NSBrowser, an active delegate to fill it in and an action method when I click on some item. I also disabled "allow empty selection", so when I click a branch in one column, the first item of the next one is automatically selected. This has the side effect that the clicked column, as reported to the action method, is off by one, unless there are no items in the next column. This doesn't happen with a passive delegate, where the first item in the next column is not automatically selected. Here are 2 samples: same .gorm file with "allow empty selection" disabled, but different delegates: http://www.multimania.com/madleser/coding/NSBrowser-DontAllowEmptySelection-ActPsvDelegate-Bug.tar.bz2 -- note the log output.

Is this a bug or intended?