Re: Load localized gorm file in framework

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Load localized gorm file in framework
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:27:42 +0200

Wolfgang Lux wrote:
> Fred Kiefer wrote:
>
>> loadNibNamed:owner: does not look for language specific versions of the
>> file. If this behaviour is different from what Apple does, please file a
>> bug report and we will fix it in GNUstep.
>
> Apple's implementation of +loadNibNamed:owner: definitely looks for a
> language specific version.

Sorry, my statement in the last mail was wrong. +loadNibNamed:owner:
goes through -loadNibFile:externalNameTable:withZone: which uses
-pathForNibResource: to find a language specific version of the file first.
This brings up the original question again. Why is the localized version
of the Gorm file not loaded? Possible reasons:

- The bundle for the owner can not be determined.
- The owner comes from a different bundle than the resource.
- "English" has not been set up properly as a language.

Yen-Ju, could you please try to debug your code and find out which is
the case?

Cheers,
Fred